Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bitchin' Ads- Stella Artois and Smirnoff Commercial

I've always loved Stella Artois advertising spot but this one tops the cake. Seems like this Belgium lager company is the latest to jump on the celebrity director bandwagon for their advertising. Their latest spot titled "Apartomatic" is directed by Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola and features a totally bitchin 60's retro apartment and all its futuristic glory. Check it out!



On the note of alcoholic beverage commercials, Smirnoff has released a new ad spot titled "Stampede." The commercial looks like spot for a epic fantasy film with a hot girl...hmmmm. I've always found Smirnoff ads to be more on the less creative side of booze advertising (not to say they haven't had any good ones before) but looking at this commercial, I think maybe they're trying to change up the tone of the their brand. It kind of reminds me of their 2007 spot "Purified." I don't know if I buy into it. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment